Monday, November 3, 2008

More on China's Open Secret

The Wall Street Journal is taking more of an in depth look at the food adulteration problems in China and has posted this article, which points out that Nestle and Mengniu Dairy Co., knew that "unauthorized substances" were added to raw milk but didn't know exactly what. I think this is a serious case of Anything For A Buck. The companies are watching it happen. The regulating agencies are watching the companies watching it happen. I'll probably feel different a day or so but right now I'd rather just eat my dollar than something from Nestle. To be fair, I know they aren't the only ones to blame. The bottom line is that consumers need more information about who knew what and when, as well as what is in their food and where it comes from. Consumers need disclosure and responsibility. Then the consumers will decide. 
Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Find Out More!

Custom Search